Hiring A Tylenol Lawyer
Hiring A Tylenol Lawyer
Hiring a Tylenol Lawyer in New York
**Please note we are no longer accepting Tylenol cases**
If you or a loved one has suffered liver damage, liver failure or other serious injuries due to taking Tylenol or other drugs containing acetaminophen, a New York Tylenol lawyer at The Sanders Firm is available for a free consultation to help guide you through your legal options for recovering compensation.
Manhattan & Long Island Product Liability Lawyers
Over the years, many people have hired Tylenol attorneys to file liver damage lawsuits on their behalf. Currently, there are 125 federal lawsuits pending in Pennsylvania court (MDL #2436), alleging unfair marketing and sales practices for acetaminophen.
If you or someone you love has been injured by routine use of Tylenol, the product liability lawyers at The Sanders Firm are here to help. Call us today toll-free at 1-888-329-0013.
Filing a Tylenol liver lawsuit
The statute of limitations is 2.5 years for New York State court cases, so you are eligible to file a lawsuit if Tylenol side effects, such as liver damage, have occurred sometime within that timeframe.
Tylenol attorneys will want to know when you took the drug, how much you took, which ailments you were treating, and whether a physician directed you to use the medication. Counsel will then want to know what side effects you suffered and the severity of your liver injury. Any medical records or bills you have would also be helpful to the investigation. Even if you don’t have all the exact facts or paperwork in front of you, a personal injury lawyer at The Sanders Firm can still help you get to the bottom of the case and file a liver damage lawsuit.
What can a product liability lawyer do for you?
Product liability lawyers at The Sanders Firm can aid in:
- Fact-finding and discovery
- Summoning medical records
- Calling expert witnesses
- Filing all Tylenol lawsuit paperwork
- Representing plaintiffs at official meetings and in court
Why call a Tylenol lawyer?
By law, there are certain standards manufacturers must abide by. If they have shirked their responsibilities to provide a reasonably safe product to market, they are liable for damages.
Plaintiffs in Tylenol cases may be able to procure compensation for:
- Past, present and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Cost of rehabilitation and therapy
- Funeral costs related to wrongful death
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of projected earnings
- Payment for emotional pain and suffering
Don’t Pay Unless You Win
Finding a Tylenol side effects attorney
When looking for the best lawyer to represent you in a Tylenol lawsuit, consider the following tips.
Look for an attorney that:
- Has many years of experience, particularly in product liability litigation
- Promptly returns your phone calls and can give you a reasonable timeline of events
- Offers an honest assessment of your case, without promising victory or large compensation
- Does not charge you upfront fees to examine your case or conduct preliminary discovery
Most importantly, you want someone you feel comfortable with, who you feel sympathizes with your situation and will fight in your corner, keeping you updated every step of the way.
Product liability attorneys at The Sanders Firm can help
At The Sanders Firm, our ever-growing organization includes board-certified attorneys, paralegals, medical consultants, and support staff committed to pursuing justice on your behalf. We take contingency cases only. A consultation with our Tylenol attorneys is always free of charge, and payments are accepted only when a case resolves with a jury award or settlement.
You may feel helpless and hopeless after months of receiving the run-around from big corporations and medical personnel. But do not be disheartened! We are here to lend a compassionate ear and help you figure out what course of action to take next. Call 1-888-329-0013 to have all your most pressing questions answered and to learn more about filing a Tylenol liver injury lawsuit.
Tylenol liver damage verdicts & settlements
Here are a few of the Tylenol lawsuits that have gone to trial or settled outside of court:
- $7.855 million verdict – Plaintiff Antonio Benedi of Springfield, VA slipped into a coma and required a liver transplant after taking Tylenol for several days to treat the flu. Prior to taking the medication, he had been a regular consumer of wine. A jury determined Johnson & Johnson had known since the 1970s about the risks of acetaminophen use among drinkers.
- $7.5 million verdict – The parents of Brianna Hutto received compensation after giving their 5-month-old infant the recommended dose of Infant Tylenol to treat a cold and fever.
- $5 million verdict – In 2007, a Philadelphia couple was awarded $5 million when their one-year-old died from liver failure after consuming Infants’ Tylenol.
- Undisclosed settlement – A group of Chicago-area plaintiffs received an out-of-court settlement for an undisclosed sum in 2009, following a string of wrongful deaths. Although the company was not liable for lacing the product with cyanide, they were found guilty of selling acetaminophen in containers that were not “tamper-proof.”
According to case management orders issued by Judge Lawrence F. Stengel, Tylenol lawsuit discovery will continue throughout the year, with the selection of six cases for bellwether trials before April 1, 2014. The first of the 120+ federal MDL cases is expected in court before September 1, 2014 if a settlement is not reached.
At The Sanders Law Firm, Success Is A Tradition
Founded in 1967, The Sanders Law Firm has flourished into one of New York’s most successful personal injury practices, with an accomplished team of attorneys, paralegals, health care consultants, and support staff. Our trial attorneys take new cases on a contingency basis, which means there is no cost to the client unless we secure monetary damages on your behalf.
Our personal injury law firm continues to make its industry-leading legal services even better, and hire attorneys and staff that enable us to serve a more diverse population.
At The Sanders Firm, there is never any charge to evaluate your case. We have helped thousands of injured clients throughout New York City, Long Island, Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, and Staten Island, and we’re prepared to help you too. In just the last five years we have procured over $100 million dollars on behalf of our clients, thanks to our vast resources and experienced attorneys. Our personal injury law firm continues to make its industry-leading legal services even better, and hire attorneys and staff that enable us to serve a more diverse population.
To set up your free, no-obligation case review with a New York personal injury lawyer, please call (516) 591-3208 or contact us using our online form. Our friendly staff is standing by to take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Sanders Law Firm is a New York personal injury practice with offices in Long Island, Manhattan, Queens, and Brooklyn.