Hernias are painful results of an organ pushing through an opening in the tissue containing it. These often require surgery to alleviate pain and discomfort. Unfortunately, for many who have trusted the promise of a hernia mesh implant for hernia repair, they have found themselves facing infections, hernia recurrence, and more surgeries. They are now filing lawsuits against hernia mesh manufacturers. These manufacturers were aware of its defects and failed to forewarn consumers.
Manufacturers are being sued for negligence for the following:
- Manufacturing a defective product
- Failing to adequately test hernia mesh
- Failing to warn the public about the risks of mesh
- Intentionally, knowingly and recklessly concealing information about the defective mesh
- Intentionally misrepresenting the quality and safety of hernia mesh
- Negligently designing and marketing unsafe hernia mesh
As of April 2018, there were 800 hernia mesh lawsuits pending in federal multidistrict litigation against these hernia mesh manufacturers.
Some brands of hernia mesh have been recalled or withdrawn from the healthcare market. Your hernia mesh need not be recalled by the FDA for you to make a claim against its defect. In actuality, only a small number of hernia mesh medical devices have been recalled. File a claim, get compensated, and make your defective hernia mesh brand part of the FDA recall list.
Are you eligible for a hernia mesh lawsuit?
- You had or have scheduled hernia revision surgery.
- You or a loved one developed complication following hernia mesh surgery, including:
- Adherence (becoming stuck to internal tissue)
- Migration (moving from where it was implanted)
- Perforation of organs or tissues
- Bowel Obstruction
- The surgery must have taken place on or after January 1, 2008.
What might you be compensated for?
Your hernia repair surgery should ease your pain and suffering, not aggravate it. Hernia mesh devices are common and even essential to hernia repair surgeries. However, not all hernia mesh products are created equally. Some manufacturers of hernia mesh have deliberately used inferior materials in an effort to save money at the expense of your safety. Some of these manufacturers even market their hernia mesh in a deceptive way to boost reliability and downplay risks.
Hernia mesh manufacturers have the legal responsibility to market safe products and warn of any risks. Their failure to do so gives you the legal right to make them compensate for the following:
- Medical Bills
- Pain & Suffering
- Mental Anguish
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life
- Lost Wages
- Personal Expenses
- Family Support
- Funeral expenses for a loved one
How do you file a hernia mesh lawsuit?
The first step to filing a hernia mesh lawsuit is consulting a hernia mesh lawyer. If you or a loved one underwent hernia repair surgery and suffered from resulting complications, The Sanders Firm is here to help you. Do not delay or hesitate in making your claims as your time is limited. Get a free case review with our hernia mesh lawyers to discover your legal options. Our experienced attorneys offer aggressive representation to clients harmed by various medical devices. It costs nothing to find out your legal options. We will do everything to simplify the legal process in filing your claims and making sure you get the compensation you deserve.