Transvaginal Mesh Settlements & Verdicts
Transvaginal Mesh Settlements & Verdicts
The Sanders Firm is working with plaintiffs to recover potentially record-setting payouts from transvaginal mesh manufacturers whose products have caused widespread injury and internal damage to thousands of plaintiffs across the country. Transvaginal mesh was supposed to offer support for women suffering from stress urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse – but for many, this promise turned into a nightmare, requiring multiple revision surgeries and causing lasting harm. We understand the pain you’ve been through and aim to make it right! Contact an experienced transvaginal mesh lawyer from The Sanders Firm to get your complaint started.
Transvaginal mesh verdicts
So far, we’ve seen record jury awards.
The following transvaginal mesh lawsuits ended in huge awards:
- $1.2 million – A Texas jury found Ethicon and parent company Johnson & Johnson liable when a mesh sling eroded inside 64-year-old Linda Batiste. The woman suffered pelvic pain, sexual dysfunction, and internal organ damage. Jurors determined that the transvaginal mesh sling was improperly designed. Johnson & Johnson is planning an appeal.
- $2 million – A West Virginia jury ordered C.R. Bard to pay Donna Cisson, who underwent multiple surgeries to address chronic pain, bleeding and bladder spasm complications from the Avaulta mesh.
- $5.5 million – Christine Scott and her husband won a 2012 C.R. Bard transvaginal mesh lawsuit. The women underwent eight revision surgeries when the Avaulta Plus mesh pierced her colon. She continues to suffer from ongoing medical problems like incontinence, pain and sexual dysfunction.
- $11.1 million – A NJ state court ruled that parent company Johnson & Johnson must pay plaintiff Linda Gross for damages associated with the Ethicon’s Gynecare Prolift mesh. After initially being implanted with the mesh, the plaintiff suffered mesh erosion, inflammation, severe chronic pain, neurological complications, permanent sexual dysfunction, scarring, and the inability to sit for more than 20 minutes at a time. She underwent 18 revision surgeries.
Don’t Pay Unless You Win
How to file a transvaginal mesh lawsuit
If you or a loved one has been injured by transvaginal mesh, filing a legal claim against the manufacturer is the first step your attorney will take. The formal complaint will contain factual allegations and state legal claims for compensation. A transvaginal mesh lawsuit may be filed in state or federal court.
In some instances, cases are moved from state court to federal multi-district litigation (MDL) proceedings. Your lawsuit will be heard by the same judge who is presiding over thousands of similar cases. You can benefit from the pooling of resources from lawyers across the country when you’re part of an MDL.
Currently, the following MDLs apply to transvaginal mesh lawsuits:
- MDL 2187: C.R. Bard, Inc. (7,096 lawsuits pending)
- MDL 2325: American Medical Systems Inc. (16,515 lawsuits pending)
- MDL 2326: Boston Scientific Corp. ( 9,776 lawsuits pending)
- MDL 2327: Ethicon, Inc. (14,679 lawsuits pending)
- MDL 2387: Coloplast Corp. (1,267 lawsuits pending)
- MDL 2440: Cook Medical, Inc. (173 lawsuits pending)
- MDL 2511: Neomedic (25 lawsuits pending)
With MDL, the judge sets several early “bellwether” trials. This helps both sides identify areas of strengths and weaknesses in their cases, and also sets the tone for the rest of the proceedings. Sometimes settlement offers from defendants follow. Other times, the cases are remanded back to state courts for individual hearings.
Call our transvaginal mesh attorneys for a free consultation
Contact a Sanders Firm transvaginal mesh attorney to find out when bellwether trials are scheduled and whether there have been any settlement offers you should know about. We’ll lend a sympathetic ear during your time of need and answer any questions you may have. We also provide a free case review and work on a contingency basis, so you won’t pay anything unless you win.
At The Sanders Law Firm, Success Is A Tradition
Founded in 1967, The Sanders Law Firm has flourished into one of New York’s most successful personal injury practices, with an accomplished team of attorneys, paralegals, health care consultants, and support staff. Our trial attorneys take new cases on a contingency basis, which means there is no cost to the client unless we secure monetary damages on your behalf.
Our personal injury law firm continues to make its industry-leading legal services even better, and hire attorneys and staff that enable us to serve a more diverse population.
At The Sanders Firm, there is never any charge to evaluate your case. We have helped thousands of injured clients throughout New York City, Long Island, Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, and Staten Island, and we’re prepared to help you too. In just the last five years we have procured over $100 million dollars on behalf of our clients, thanks to our vast resources and experienced attorneys. Our personal injury law firm continues to make its industry-leading legal services even better, and hire attorneys and staff that enable us to serve a more diverse population.
To set up your free, no-obligation case review with a New York personal injury lawyer, please call (516) 591-3208 or contact us using our online form. Our friendly staff is standing by to take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Sanders Law Firm is a New York personal injury practice with offices in Long Island, Manhattan, Queens, and Brooklyn.