Car Accident Lawyer
Car Accident Injuries
The NY State Department of Motor Vehicles reported nearly 75,000 car accidents in New York City last year, and nearly 90 percent resulted in auto accident injuries to the drivers or occupants. While no two motor vehicle accidents are the same, neither are the kinds of injuries. Car crashes can leave victims with serious injuries to various parts of the body – all dependent on the severity of the impact and the circumstances surrounding the collision. Upon closer inspection of personal injury lawsuits and insurance claims arising from these terrifying incidents, you’ll notice that certain car accident injuries are more common than others.
The New York auto accident attorneys at The Sanders Firm have been serving New Yorkers since 1967. Our firm uses every available resource to ensure our clients get the treatment and compensation they deserve after suffering harm through no fault of their own. The following are some of the most common types of car accident injuries we see in our practice.
Don’t Pay Unless You Win
Legal recourse for New York car accident victims
If you or someone you care about has suffered car accident injuries in Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island, or Long Island, The Sanders Firm offers a complimentary, no-obligation evaluation to determine if you are eligible to file a claim for damages. Our reputable team of trial attorneys has over 45 years experience helping New Yorkers recover compensation for auto accident injuries and wrongful deaths.
We have secured millions of dollars in settlements and jury awards on behalf of our clients, and are committed to helping victims of negligent and reckless driving. The Sanders Firm will fight to help you get the compensation you need and deserve. Call our law offices today for your free consultation with a New York car accident lawyer: 1.800 FAIR PLAY (800.324.7752).
Common car accident injuries
- Lacerations – Ripped sheets of metal, broken glass and unsecured objects inside the vehicle can cause deep cuts or lacerations. Emergency surgery may be required when cuts lead to extensive blood loss.
- Neck Injuries – Ranging from mild (such as neck strain or whiplash) to severe, neck injuries are another frequent car accident injury. More critical injuries include cervical radiculopathy and disc injury.
- Traumatic brain injury and head trauma – Immediate treatment is necessary for any type of closed head injury, whether a concussion or a traumatic brain injury (TBI). Any sort of blow to the head can cause swelling in the brain, even when there are no outward signs of trauma, bruises or lacerations.
- Spinal cord injury – One of the most catastrophic auto accident injuries one can suffer are those to the spinal cord. Spinal cord injuries may result in temporary or permanent paralysis. If any type of spine injury is suspected, it’s crucial to stay stationery until medical personnel arrive.
- Whiplash – A kind of soft tissue injury, whiplash is a common type of neck injury in car accidents. When the neck is suddenly moved in an unnatural position, tendons, muscles and ligaments are strained. Whiplash may not be evident at first, and painful symptoms may appear many days after the crash.
- Back Injuries – Strains, fractures, thoracic spine injury, lumbar radiculopathy, disc injuries and lumbar spine injury can occur during impact. In some cases, symptoms of these injuries don’t present for some time after a crash, but they often result in long-term pain and complications.
- Broken bones – Fractured arms, legs, ribs and wrists are also common in car accidents. If broken bones protrude through the skin in what’s called a compound fracture, surgery is always necessary.
- Psychological trauma – Emotional trauma that mirrors symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder may follow any type of accident that results in serious injuries or loss of life. These psychological injuries may be short lived or linger for many months or even years.
At The Sanders Law Firm, Success Is A Tradition
Founded in 1967, The Sanders Law Firm has flourished into one of New York’s most successful personal injury practices, with an accomplished team of attorneys, paralegals, health care consultants, and support staff. Our trial attorneys take new cases on a contingency basis, which means there is no cost to the client unless we secure monetary damages on your behalf.
Our personal injury law firm continues to make its industry-leading legal services even better, and hire attorneys and staff that enable us to serve a more diverse population.
At The Sanders Firm, there is never any charge to evaluate your case. We have helped thousands of injured clients throughout New York City, Long Island, Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, and Staten Island, and we’re prepared to help you too. In just the last five years we have procured over $100 million dollars on behalf of our clients, thanks to our vast resources and experienced attorneys. Our personal injury law firm continues to make its industry-leading legal services even better, and hire attorneys and staff that enable us to serve a more diverse population.
To set up your free, no-obligation case review with a New York personal injury lawyer, please call (516) 591-3208 or contact us using our online form. Our friendly staff is standing by to take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Sanders Law Firm is a New York personal injury practice with offices in Long Island, Manhattan, Queens, and Brooklyn.